Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Probably Not 'Scary'.

“I’m scared”, “That’s scary”, “Im afraid” etc…
We mis-use those phrases all too often, thus giving so much negative energy to the situation, which if we sat back was probably only an uncomfortable, or awkward or simply unpleasant situation in the first place.
Like cancelling on a planned event, we tend to say,”I’m scared to call and cancel”, we work our-self up, put off the call, get a sick feeling inside the pit of our stomach, all because we made the statement “I’m scared to call and cancel”. If we could keep it simple, and accept that it is only unfortunate that the call be made, than perhaps we could by pass the drama we allowed into our being in the first place.
We should realize that uncomfortable situations, awkward situations, unpleasant situations happen and keep them in perspective. Unfortunately in life sudden true scary events happen like natural disaster or violent acts, those are the real scary things, nothing else.
I, for one, and Heidi for two, am going to stop allowing the negative energy from coming into my life that saying I’m afraid over the little inconveniences that arise from time to time brings. Seems to me that’s an easy fix and one more step towards peace and serenity.
Yippee!

No comments: