Friday, January 11, 2008

TRY

The word we decided to delete from our vocabulary in 2007 was “TRY”.
We will instead “DO” something and perhaps be unsuccessful but at least we did our best.
We would commit to the things we wanted to commit too, even if they were things that were not pleasant or fun and excited, we would either commit or politely decline.
We realized that if we continued to say we would “TRY” than we, on too numerous occasions to list would fall short and/or fail miserably.
Do our best. Do what we could do. Commit to events and engagements and parties and lunches etc. that we knew we could commit to.
We realized that we all can “DO” what we set our minds to “DO” the result may or may not live up to others expectation, that’s not the issue.
The word “TRY” seems to have less power or energy if you will than ”DO” or “WILL” or “CAN”.
Like “trying” some new food. You either went, tasted it, liked it or you didn’t. Where was the try?
Like painting, you either took the paint, put it on a canvas, liked the finished picture or you didn’t. Either way you painted. You ‘did’ it.
Like snowboarding, I went one time with my son, he told me what to do, I gave it my all, i fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and, well, you get my point, I fell alot, but I did it. It was not pretty but I went and I did my best.
Well, anyway, just think about it, and give yourself more credit. I bet there is so much more you will soon “DO” and complete and be successful at, than if you continue to add to the list of things you will or say you will “TRY”.

No comments: